Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

My Busy Being Bella Day by Rebecca Patterson


My Review

Yay for more Bella!

Bella is a wonderful little lady who tends t have a bit of a shouty side! I think I was more excited than the kids about this book and when it arrived, I stroked the cover and took my time pouring over the pages all by myself....

Children are such busy little bees, always buzzing around trying new things and learning from others. Bella is happy doing these things in nursery, but she can't help wondering what her baby brother Bob is doing when shes not there!?

Any older brother or sister will very easily relate to this story, because when a new baby comes along we all question our place in the new family environment. Children who go to school may very well be jealous of leaving mummy and their baby brother/sister behind! What do they do all day without me? Am I missing out on something exciting?

Rebeca Patterson masterfully handles this topic in a very reassuring way. She gently lets us know that nursery is super duper fun, you aren't missing out on anything and your little brother or sister is probably missing you!

We LOVE Bella she is a super fun loving little lady who says and thinks the funniest things! The teapot moment had me laughing out loud like an idiot!

My Busy Being Bella Day is another brilliant winner from Rebbecca Patterson that every child needs on their favourites shelf. The illustrations stand out from the crowd, are very moreish and we love feasting our eyes over each striking page. A lot of fun and a lot of positive messages to be found in here - we loved it!

A BIG 5 stars!

*Special thanks to Jonathan Cape for the review copy*

Check this book out on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment